- First version, effective January 7th 2020
- Second version, effective January 16th 2022 - Adds privacy policies for Nevada and Virginia
- Third version, effective March 11th 2022 - clarifies information about third parties
- Fourth version, effective May 8th 2022 - minor typographical changes
Lower Sherwood owns and operates a number of public-facing websites, including lowersherwood.com, sherwoodstock.com, flocknspiel.com, and basecamplama.com (individually “Website”, collectively “Websites”), as well as services and events offered at our facility. We use your personal data to provide and improve the Websites We provide, and the services and events we offer.
If you are a non U.S. user of the Website, by visiting the Website and providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that your data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States where laws regarding Personal Information processing may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Information We Collect
Our Website typically collects three kinds of information about you: (i) information that you provide; (ii) information We automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide to us; and (iii) information We collect about you from third parties.
Information you provide
When you use our Websites, purchase items from Us, or register for an event or activity with Us, you may provide Us the following:
- Registration and Contact Information such as email address, name, mailing address and phone number;
- Contact information about others such as name and mailing address to send a gift;
- Social media information if you link your account to ours through a third-party connection;
- Financial information such as credit or debit card number and expiration date to process payments, and information about your transactions with us. Payment information is sent to our payment processors and not stored by Lower Sherwood;
- Other information Any other information you choose to directly provide to Us in connection with your use of Our Websites, services or events.
Information We automatically collect.
We may also collect additional information automatically about you when you use our Websites, including:
- Information about your device such as computer or mobile device type, IP address, operating system version, browser type, language, and settings;
- Usage information such as how you use our services, referral information, and how you interact with the content We provide.
Information We collect from third parties
We may receive additional information about you from third parties:
- Information from social media networks When you interact with us on social media, We may have access to certain information about you that comes from your profile information on that network;
- Information from payment processors When you purchase items, pay for registration for events or activities, or otherwise send payments to Us through a third-party payment processor (such as Paypal) We receive personal information from those parties that help us process your registration or items. Specifics about your payment information are not transmitted to, or stored by Lower Sherwood.
User tracking technologies.
Like many other businesses, Lower Sherwood and our third parties use a number of tracking technologies now and hereafter devised that automatically collect certain information about users that visit our Websites.
Lower Sherwood and our third parties may use small text files stored on your hard drive, known as “Cookies”.
These text files make using our Websites more convenient by storing information to recognise users across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more websites. Typical uses for cookies include remembering user preferences, and to provide relevant content. We may analyze the information derived from cookies to monitor traffic and performance of our website so that We may improve our Services and your experience.
Small graphic images or other web scripts known as “web beacons” may be included in our Websites and email messages. They allow a remote server to read certain types of information from your device, such as when you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of the device on which you viewed the beacon.
We may analyse the information derived from beacons to monitor how users navigate our Website, to count how many emails were opened, or to count which articles or links were viewed.
How We use and share information We collect
We use this information to help us personalize and improve your experience using Our Websites including (but not limited to):
- Sending Communications that you request, including newsletters, notifications about upcoming events, responding to your inquiries or requests; legal notices, policy updates, and other information about our offerings;
- Process requests from you including registration for events, and purchases;
- Service providers We share information with third parties to perform functions on our behalf, including page hosting, content management tools, social media integration, analytics, sending email or text messages, billing or payment processing, fulfilling orders, auditing and customer service. These entities are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information as appropriate for the service;
- Detect and investigate activities that may violate our policies, or may be fraudulent or illegal; protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Lower Sherwood, its employees, agents, users, or otherwise as required by law;
- Business transfer or change In the event of a corporate change in control, such as a sale, acquisition, or merger, Lower Sherwood may transfer your personal information to the new party. In the event or bankruptcy, all such information may be considered an asset of Ours and as such may be sold or transferred;
- Legal proceedings We reserve the right to disclose any information about you to government, law enforcement officials, or private parties as We believe necessary:
- to respond to claims and legal process;
- to comply with applicable laws;
- to protect the property and rights of Lower Sherwood and Our Websites;
- to protect the safety of other users and the public in an emergency;
- to prevent or stop activity We consider to be a risk of being (or is) illegal, unethical, or legally actionable;
- to protect the general health and welfare of animals.
Links to third parties
Our Websites may link to third party websites and services outside of our control, and we are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these parties.
We encourage our users to note when you leave our Websites and read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any information to them.
You have a number of choices to help you control how your information is gathered.
You may always opt out of receiving future email messages from Lower Sherwood by following the instructions contained within them, or by emailing, calling, or writing to us.
You can use the following tools to opt out of third-party tracking on our Websites:
You can configure your web browser or device to block or reject cookies when visiting our Website. However, please note that some parts of our Websites may not function correctly, or be available to you if you refuse to accept cookies.
In some cases, We are legally required to keep data for a certain minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to retain the information, We will keep it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or which it is to be further processed.
Securing your information
We have implemented security measures that We consider to be reasonably secure and appropriate to protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While We strive to protect your information, We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online, nor are We responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
In the event that your “personally identifiable information” (as defined by applicable laws) is discovered to be compromised, We may notify you by email to the last email address you have provided to us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances. However, delays in notification may occur while We take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if such notification would impede a criminal investigation.
Some aspects of our Websites and Services may require you to submit someone else’s personal information. If you provide this information to us, you must:
- be authorized to do so provide that information
- provide the information in compliance with applicable laws
- authorize us to process that information
The aspects of our Websites that require the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect such information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe they disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to review, request deletion, and prevent further processing of such information.
Some activities or events organised by Lower Sherwood may require a certain level of physical fitness to complete which may not be inherently obvious, due to the natural conditions of the terrain, vegetation, water, and weather conditions, and We may ask you to share non-specific health information about yourself with Us so We can adjust the activity or event to accommodate your individual physical needs. The information you choose to share with Us is not stored, and is only used to help Us tailor the activity or event you are attending.
Certain states have enacted legislation that allows their residents to request that We disclose information to them about Our collection and use of their personal information.
You may contact us if you:
- wish to make corrections to any personally identifiable information you have provided;
- want to opt-out from receiving future commercial correspondence, including emails, from us or our affiliated companies;
- wish to withdraw your consent to sharing your personally identifiable information with others.
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that We may not be able to fulfil certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website, Services, or Events.
You may contact us by email at: email@example.com, or by mail at:
Lower Sherwood LLC Attn: Privacy Request 291 Llama Farm Lane, Charlottesville, VA 22902.